We are searching for a motivated Network Security Engineer II who will act as a network security subject matter expert to lead engineering efforts in securing our digital assets, data, and apps deployed in the cloud and on premises. The network security engineer is expected to work independently with internal and external clients as well as senior management on detection, prevention, response, and mitigation of emerging cyber threats/attacks targeting at the global networks.
– Subject Matter Expert responsible for design and implementation of network security architectural framework, best practices, and compliance requirements.
– Identify and implement defense-in-depth network analytics technologies and solutions.
– Ensure best security practices, and provide technical consulting on the use of firewall, access control, intrusion detection and prevention, malware analysis, and threat correlation.
– Monitor, collect, correlate, and identify security related logs, events, and data at different layers.
– Perform research to identify and analyzing emerging cloud threats and attacks.
– Work independently
– Work with functional and business units to execute projects.
– Network analytics technologies
– Network security architecture design and implementation
– Network monitoring and protocol analysis
– Network trouble shooting and management
– Malware analysis techniques
– Experience with SA analytics or RSA NetWitness
– Remote device management and trouble shooting
– IDS/IPS, deep packet inspection
– Threat analysis
– Integration and coding expertise
– 5+ years of related IT experience with significant job responsibilities tied to networking environments
– Bachelors in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience and appropriate certifications
– Expert knowledge of network protocols, OS, and/or cloud security
– Experience with network security and analytics
– Familiar with Symantec Analytics, RSA NetWitness, IDS/IPS
– Knowledge of PCI and other industry compliance standards
– Experience with network protocol analysis, and malware analysis
– Coding experience
– Good understanding of business, technology, and tradeoff’s
– Industry Knowledge desired