Under general direction as a top level contributor, independently designs, administers, tests, implements, troubleshoots and maintains Infrastructure architectures to include all In. Advises management on new design direction of hardware infrastructure as it applies to local, regional and global operations. Analyzes current environment for capacity planning and performance tuning based on corporate goals and alignments. Partners with architecture group on Information System design issues. Provides 3rd level support for Information Systems related issues, including its relative subcomponents. Evaluates, tests and contributes to recommendations on new/upgrades to Information Systems and their impact on existing system configurations. Independently researches and resolves moderately to highly complex technical problems. Documents standards, implementation procedures and troubleshooting processes. May act as project point-of-contact on one or more projects. Will help define and guide the activities of Engineer I and Engineer II personnel.
– Proactively on an ongoing basis, learn and improve both the technical and communication skills required to perform their duties to the best of their ability.
– Promptly complete all required procedure, process, and security training.
– Be knowledgeable and up to date on current technologies, best practices, and technology and security policies and procedures.
– Request training for job functions or technologies they do not understand.
– Maintain up to date knowledge of current security threats and new technologies released by critical vendors.
– Maintain up to date knowledge on current and emerging industry and IT trends, strategies, and best practices.
– Proactively research emerging technologies to understand, make recommendations, and help train others on these technologies.
– Communicates well downward, upward, and outward
– Employs appropriate methods of persuasion when soliciting agreement
– Maintains focus on the topic at hand
– Adapts documents and presentations for the intended audience
– Reviews others’ writing or presentations and provides feedback and coaching
– Demonstrates both empathy and assertiveness when communicating a need or defending a position
– Ensures communication with customers is in a language they can understand in both technical and non-technical situations
– 5 – 8 years Technical Experience in a 24 x 7 IT Environment
– Advanced Communication Skills, Oral, Written and Presentation
– Advanced Knowledge of IT Systems
– Advanced Troubleshooting and Problem Solving Skills
– Excellent Customer Service Skills
– Ability to Maintain, Develop, Interpret and Follow Written IT Policies and Procedures
– Experienced with Microsoft Business Software Applications and other Communication Tools
– Project Management Skills
– Detail Oriented
– Technical Degree or Equivalent on the Job Experience
– Certification in ITIL Standards
– Microsoft and/or Cisco Certifications
– Familiarity with ISO and PCI Standards